A long time ago, in a bedsit far far away, I had an idea - what about processing images using Audacity, instead of Paint Shop Pro. (Which I was using instead of GIMP, or Photoshop, back then.) The idea is simple - import a raw BMP into Audacity, run it through a few filters, and export it as a raw WAV (named BMP.) Remembering, of course, to not mess up the header.

My first experiments were not very good, and since I had already started writing my own sample editor I used its code to process the image instead. They weren't very good, either. Eventually I got the hang of what 'worked' and what didn't.

Here then, are a few examples that I don't think are completely awful!